Location : Austin, Texas
Job Type : Internal Direct Placement
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : High school diploma, GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Events
Job Category : Event Staffing
Job Description :
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
- Planning event details and aspects, including seating, dining, and guests
- Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
- Remaining under budget with all costs
- Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise
- Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
Required Qualifications :
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Event Coordinators are required to network with a wide variety of entities in the course of their job. Vendors and venues must be established, and an entire staff must be managed in order for an event to function properly. An Event Coordinator will need to have a general knowledge of what guests expect.
- Team Management
- Event Coordinators carry out many tasks on their own, but a major aspect of the job is working with a team. Delegating to a team properly and making sure everyone has what they need to do their job requires team management and leadership skills.
- Every event comes with a cost, and it is the Event Coordinator's job to keep those costs within the allocated budget. This will require a degree of financial skill as well as the ability to create accurate reports.
- Everything in an event, from the seating to the entertainment, must be set up in a practical and useful manner for the guests. To accomplish this, the Event Coordinator must possess a degree of skill in logistics to properly plan the details and anticipate potential problems that may arise.