Location : Austin, Texas
Job Type : Internal Independent Contractor
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Security
Job Category : security
Job Description :
A lead security officer manages the members of a security team assigned to a certain shift. Lead security officers plan, organize, direct, and schedule surprise visits on sites that ESP manages and check on the assigned security officer onsite. They train personnel and recommend applicants for corrective action and training opportunities. They see to it that a secure environment for the clients and ESP is well-maintained.
- The Rover’s responsibilities are to observe and report, and to assist in emergencies.
- Document all incident properly: In case of accident or incident reports, be quick and accurate in your reporting, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to you.
- Acquaint yourselves with the building rules and enforce them.
- Responsible for making rounds, knowledge and enforcement of Rules and Regulations.
- Must be polite, but firm. Must be able to write understandable incident reports for ESP Security Department.
- The Security Rover is responsible for making the designated rounds at least three, and preferably four times per shift, making sure that the security on site is doing what it is supposed to do.
- Unless s/he is personally threatened, the rover is never use physical force or to try to detain or restrain anyone, no matter what the circumstances are. Only the police have authority to use physical force, and to detain people.
- Demonstrates good judgment, can prioritize and resolve situations which may arise, and knows when to refer situations to the Dispatch on duty or the Security Director.
- Can immediately identify and respond to an emergency.
- Keeps cool and collected while assessing a situation.
- While enforcing ESP Security Rules and Regulations, our commitment is to also provide a professional, courteous environment to our Security Officers.
- Accomplish your job responsibilities by using diplomacy and reason, trying to persuade Security Officer to comply with the rules rather than trying to force them to comply. If Security Officer will not comply, refer them in all instances to the Security Director.
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, patrolling premises regularly, traffic control, and accident investigations
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
- Remain in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards. Lead Supervisor/ Rover should be familiarized with all of the sites that ESP have and with SilverTrac.
- Officers should also be familiar on the Post orders coming from the sites/clients of ESP.
- Ensure the security, safety, and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and the premise
- Contribute to security team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Promotes employee-management relations, goodwill and public relations.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards and desk clerks.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on workplace searches, drug and alcohol procedures, and related safety and security topics.
- Ability to traverse various areas of the facility to conduct inspections and plan security procedures.
- Dispatch patrol officers, monitor security system, fill out daily security reports, supervise a small group of security officers.
- Demonstrate organizational and management skills by creating schedules, training documents, completing payroll, and training new security officers.
- Participate in evaluating staff performance; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures. Conduct investigations related to employee or student misconduct.
- Investigate loss events and compile data for accurate reporting. Enforce proper attire rules.
- Assist ESP Security Department in developing security solutions for security deficiencies.
Required Qualifications :